“…attractively-priced, easy to purchase, easy to use…”
“…its a shame its not in all the travel books.”
“An indispensible tool…”
If you purchased your Vap Map within a year of any update,
please let us know and we will resend the link to download the latest version.
Now you know where they go.
Getting a handle on the vaporetto system is a must when traveling to Venice: take in more of the city, get off the beaten path, all without wearing your feet to a pulp. The system can be confusing even for locals, however, and the maps provided by the ACTV are barely comprehensible. Too often, should you eventually get your vaporetto “lagoon legs,” it’s time to leave.
Enter the VAP MAP Vaporetto Guide: the most convenient way to make sure you never miss the boat, and an indispensable too to help you get the most out of the limited time you have.
Download and print the version of the VAP MAP that’s right for you – only $1.95
The Vap Map Vaporetto Guide: available in three print sizes.
The one-and-only Vap Map pocket vaporetto guide has been retooled and revised to better suit your travel needs. It now comes in three sizes:
- Mini: wallet-sized, with two pages and eight maps per page;
- Regular: passport sized, with four pages and four maps per page; and
- Large, half-page sized, with two maps per page and the largest type.
Plus, each download includes the Intro and Overview from this site as a separate PDF document.
Whether you’re an independent traveler here for a few days or a few months, a student studying abroad, or descending from a cruise ship for a brief visit, the Venice Vap Map is an indispensible tool that will have you nagivating the vap like a local.
Accurate, Complete, Portable, Easy to Understand
“I found the Vap Map to be an indispensable tool… It was our first time [to Venice], and it made all the difference in our ability to get around efficiently. I would highly recommend it…for the first time visitor or seasoned Venice traveller.”
– Jason O., USA
“If only I’d had the Vap Map when I first started coming to Venice. I wouldn’t have waited ages standing at the wrong Rialto stop…”
– Jackie B., U.K.
“…what a difference it makes to walk to the CORRECT landing at a [massive] stop like San Zaccaria…”
– Andy S., USA
“We [bought] a 72-hour pass so we could tour the lagoon islands and enjoy the full Grand Canal experience. We spent much of that time consulting your Vap Map and would highly recommend its concise format and helpful content!
– Jennifer S., USA
“Very useful, and a good value…”
– Nigel W., U.K.
Millions of tourists miss seeing much of Venice or just pay too much for vaporetto tickets, because there’s no time to understand the system before they use it. The Vap Map solves the problem, packing all you need to know about the vaporetto into custom-sized map:
- It’s current:because it’s an electronic document, we’re able to update it as changes occur.
- It’s handy: download, print, and fold one into a size you can stash in a wallet (Mini), pocket (Regular), or bag (Large), to reference anytime you need to find the route you need.
- It’s available in two paper sizes so you can get the perfect fit, either letter-sized, 8.5 x 11″, or A4. Just select the format that’s right for you.
- Choose from three print sizes: Mini (folds to wallet size, 8 maps to a page, two pages, smallest type), Regular (folds to passport size, four maps to a page, medium type, four pages) or Large (single fold, two maps to a page, regular type, seven pages).
No matter what size you choose, each Vap Map includes:
- Downloadable pages with individual maps of each line and route, grouped logicially: City-center routes, those that encircle Venice, and those that cross the lagoon,
- Instructions for use and reminders to help you travel like a local from the first time you board.
- Common vaporetto vocabulary translated into English
- The ten most confusing landing group configurations: San Zaccaria, Piazzale Roma, Fondamente Nove, Lido, and more.
- If a new version is issued between the time you purchase and when you leave, just request a new link to download the updated version.
Choose the Vap Map size that’s right for you.
Your choice, $1.95. Download immediately after purchase.
No Paypal account required. Secure transactions will be processed by Paypal using the credit card of your choice or your existing Paypal account. Your transaction payment will be made to Illustrata Press.
You will be able to download your Vap Map immediately after purchase; you’ll have 48-hours or three attempts, whichever comes first. If you have any problems or are not satisfied with your purchase, just contact Illustrata Press at email@example.com for assistance, or even a full refund.
FOLDING INSTRUCTIONS for easiest map access:
- For the Large maps, fold pages in half for easier portability.
- For the Regular, passport-sized maps: fold length-wise first (map side out), then in half again keeping the fold on the left and the Instructions on the outside/front. You will open and close the map like a book.
- Follow these folding instructions to create the Mini pocket Vap Map.