Use VeniceConnected.com for significant discounts on Vaporetto Travel Cards and more.
VeniceConnected.com allows you to avoid both lines and higher prices for Venice’s most popular services and venues with more are being added as time goes on. You can now book up to 4 days in advance to obtain significant discounts on a variety of services, and they guarantee you’ll always pay less by booking online. Sounds like a deal.
WORTH NOTING: You can purchase up to the one day before your departure, but only receive discounts four days or more in advance.
You can reserve parking, purchase public transit passes (from 12 hours to 7 days, good for ACTV vaporetto & land buses), Alilaguna airport transfers, museum passes, and paid toilet service and Wi-fi access (outdoor access only at this time) by the day or the week. Casinò entrance is included with any purchase. More services and booking options may be added as time goes on.
Once you select your services and complete your purchase, you’ll be issued a unique PNR, much like the airlines provide for their flights. Keep this code and present either directly, for parking or the museums, or at a Venice Connected Point at the city entrances to convert the PNR to tickets for other services: the airport, train station, Piazzale Roma, and Tronchetto. (Your PNR may also be presented at any Alilaguna ticket point to obtain that transfer ticket.)
Using the VeniceConnnected Site
Site usage is fairly straightforward:
- Click “Buy Online.” You’ll be presented with a calendar; chick on your arrival date (this must be the date you will present your reservation at a VeniceConnected point). Low, medium, and high visitation periods are colorfully indicated with green, blue, and red on the calendar so you’ll easily see when the discounts will be in force on your arrival date.
- On the next screen, use the tabs along the top to select from the service groups: Transit, Parking, Museums, etc. Both the full and discounted prices are displayed for each option (unfortunately, Transit cards are no longer discounted).
NOTE: If you need multiple versions of the same pass or services, click the “add to basket” button multiple times to add more occurences to your cart.
- Casinò entrances are free with purchase of any other service); just add them to your cart.
- Make your payment, and receive your PNR, just as if you were booking an airline flight, for example. Then,
- have the PNR handy when you arrive in Venice: for transit and toilet services, head first for the Venice Connected Point; for parking and museums, show your PNR on-site.
ATTENZIONE! If by chance you lose your PNR, never fear! Just call HelloVenezia, +39 041 24 24 and select the appropriate option. They will search with your last name and arrival date, and will be able to fax or e-mail a copy to you or your hotel.
WORTH NOTING: Keep in mind that “reduced” is for those under 30 and over 65. Also, for Alilaguna airport transport items, ”return” is British English for “round-trip.”
Here are some sample VeniceConnected screen shots. First, choose your arrival date:
You’ll be presented with a variety of options, with tabs for each category:
Keep track of your purchases in the cart that’s continuously displayed on the right side of the screen, and when you’re ready click Checkout. You’ll complete your purchase with a credit card, then receive your PNR and additional instructions at the e-mail you provide.